Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Group HR team in the capacity of Human Resources Records Clerk (Contract)
Assist with the Group-wide Human Resources Services functions, including preparing various reference letters for current and former team members, as well as, administration of the Field Management activities. Participate in the day to day processes within the Services Unit, with a goal of achieving superior client experience, in keeping with the Group’s high-performance culture and in support of achieving the Company’s overall strategy and objectives.
Carry out relief duties of the Group Human Resources Service Desk. Responsible for the Records Management functions to ensure exceptional client experience Contribute to special projects; as well as track, analyse, and report on Units undertakings. Update Sagicor Success ensuring that the information on the system is correct and current.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the duties of the Group Human Resources Desk including; ensuring visitors are greeted promptly and politely.
- Ensure that mails dispatched from and received in GHR are appropriately managed; Team members are advised of items to be collected from Group Human Resources.
- Contribute to the day to day administrative activities of the Human Resources (HR) Services Unit; Assist with the Administrative activities of the Unit to ensure that productivity targets are met and service standards are properly maintained.
- Provide assistance with the activities within the Department on a daily basis to ensure that productivity targets are maintained; Help with the processes and recommend, and implement improvements and initiatives with a view to improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Photo and scan documents as requested; Process ad hoc requests to the Services Centre by conducting the necessary research and dialogue with the applicable areas within the Group.
- Assist with the inflow of requests to the HR Services Centre for employment-related letters; Process the requests including loan applications and guide team members to ensure the appropriateness of response; Prepare job-related letters requested as assigned by the Supervisors and/or Officers within the Unit; Liaise with the various stakeholders to ensure that requests made are in keeping with the Company’s guidelines.
- Dispatch completed job letters to the relevant team members through the Supervisors.
- Maintain the database of letters prepared and dispatched to team members; Close tasks upon completion of the assignments.
- Assist with the management of team member’s records Group-wide; Receive hiring files from the Relationship Teams and ensure that all items are received prior to processing any salary/benefit; Contact team members and request outstanding documents prior to submitting the file to the record-keeping area.
- Ensure team member’s records are filed in chronological order; Prevent unauthorised access to team member’s records.
- Maintain and track Stationery for the Department to ensure availability at all times:
- Support the administration of the Sagicor Success Process
- Provide analytics and reporting for the HR Services Unit:
- Assist with the projects or assignments that the Senior Vice President and Vice President of Group Human Resources and Corporate Services may assign
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Six (6) Caribbean Secondary Examinations Council subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Two (2) years’ working experience, preferably in Human Resources, with one (1) year in a service-oriented environment.
- Sound human relations skills and ability to interact with personnel at all organizational levels
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proficient in the use of personal computing productivity applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Some knowledge of Human Resources Systems and administration
- Great deal of accuracy and attention to detail.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application no later than May 31, 2020. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.