Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Group Human Resources team in the capacity of: HR Compliance and Talent Management Officer
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the Fit and Proper process as required by the relevant Regulatory bodies (BOJ, FSC, TCI, CIMA, and JSE) for Sagicor Group with regards to employees in the positions of VPs, AVPs, Branch Managers, Critical Managers, Dealer Representatives & Traders. Manage and Track the Skills Bank data collection update for Sagicor Success Oversea the review and documentation of all policy changes. Manage and support the audit review and response process by providing timely feedback and updates as required. Review and monitor internal control and compliance in relation to disclosure of second job activities, update of skills bank and police report submissions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial Services Commission (FSC); Coordinate the annual Filing obligations to the FSC, with respect to VPs, AVPs, Dealer Representatives & Investment Advisors.
- This function involves; Completion of the Fit &Proper and other related application forms by the respective officers for annual filing obligations.
- Manage the Dealer Representative process for SIJL team members.
- Payment of associated fees (new and renewal) to the appropriate authorities for both new and current officers
- Ensure Filing of changes in Executive Management as appropriate and communicate changes to the regulator
- Maintain the appropriate Shared File an up-to -date database of activities of the filing list of all personnel described above and ensure that they are appropriately registered with the FSC.
- Bank of Jamaica (BOJ); Manage the Fit and Proper process as required by the Bank of Jamaica for Sagicor Group with regards to employees in the positions of VPs, AVPs, Branch Managers, Critical Managers & Traders.
- This process includes: Sending the appropriate questionnaires to the relevant team members for completion; Requesting cheques and managing the processing of Police Reports and Financial Investigations Division (FID) Reports
- Maintaining a tracking system which captures the yearly submissions of Alternate Personal Questionnaires (APQ) as well as the renewal period of every (five) years for Police Reports, FID Reports and Personal Questionnaire
- Other Regulators (CIMA, TCI JSE)
- Ensure the timely communication and submissions of Fit & Proper documents and compliance reports relating to other regulatory bodies as the needs arise.
- File changes in Executive Management as well as pay the relevant fees that are due.
- Other regulatory Bodies include: Turks and Caicos Island (TCI), Cayman Insurance Management Associations (CIMA) and Jamaica Stock Exchange
- Policy Review and Updates; Oversea the review and documentation of all policy changes.
- Coordinate and liaise with the respective key team members in the review of policies that are due to be reviewed
- Develop and maintain a process to guide and document the Policy review process and execute the effective communication of same.
- Audit Review and Response; Act as the liaison and point of reference in the communication and dissemination of all audit review and communication
- Liaise and coordinate with key team members/units in the retrieval and dissemination of information to fulfil the requests from the Internal Audit department
- Internal Compliance and Control; Review and monitor the declaration of second Job activities by team members to ensure there is no conflict or potential conflict of interest.
- Manage the My Profile database on Sagicor Success as part of the Talent Management initiative to capture skills and competencies job related and otherwise for all team members.
- Monitor the recruiting requirements in relation to police report processing for new team members
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Management Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- Two (2) years’ experience in the Human Resources Department
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Normal office environment
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than June 30, 2020. While we appreciate all applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.