The Housekeeping Supervisor will oversee all duties performed by the housekeeping staff. He/she will assign tasks to the housekeeping staff, identify and report cases of tardiness, and monitor cleaning supplies and cleaning tools. The Housekeeping Supervisor is required to inform management of any equipment or furniture in need of repair or replacement and ensure that the housekeeping staff complies with all safety and sanitation policies.
- Assign housekeeping tasks to staff and inspect work to ensure that the prescribed standards of cleanliness are met.
- Schedule staff shifts and organize replacements as required.
- Investigate and address complaints regarding poor housekeeping service.
- Provide training to the housekeeping staff.
- Regularly take inventory of cleaning supplies and ordering stock as needed.
- Issue cleaning supplies and equipment to housekeeping staff as needed.
- Screen housekeeping applicants
- Make recommendations to management in relation to staff issues including performance, recognition and rewards, and disciplinary matters.
- Perform various cleaning duties in instances when required.
- A sound secondary education
- Housekeeping and/or hospitality industry experience
- Working knowledge of housekeeping
- Computer literate
- The ability to multitask
- The ability to stand, bend and stretch during the course of the shift
- Very organised with good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
Posted: 21/7/2021 | Deadline: Not Provided | Unposting: 6/8/2021