The North-East Regional Health Authority, a statutory body under the Ministry of Health with responsibility for the management and delivery of health care and public health services within the parishes of St. Ann, St. Mary and Portland, is seeking qualified individual to fill the position of Health Records Administrator (HPC/HR 2) at the St. Ann’s Bay Regional Hospital.
Reporting to the Senior Medical Officer, the incumbent has responsibility for planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling the patient information system to ensure optimum patient care within the framework of the hospital’s priorities and objectives.
1. Planning, organizing, directing and controlling the functions of the health records department, so as to attain institutional goals and meet standards set by the Ministry of Health & Wellness.
2. Supervising the daily activities of the different departmental areas and staff engaged in all aspects of health record keeping.
3. Preparing annual programme and operational plan.
4. Managing in a creative, efficient and cost effective manner the activities of the health records department in accordance with established policies, priorities and regulations of the NERHA and MOHW.
5. Ensuring the timely and consistent flow of statistical information to the Senior Medical Officer, Regional Technical Director, Ministry of Health & Wellness and other authorized personnel.
6. Maintaining quality control by periodical or routine inspection of work completed by the health records staff.
7. Monitoring and evaluating methods of control to maintain confidentiality and safeguard against any unauthorized access to or disclosure of information from patient record.
8. Attending staff conferences/workshops as required.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE PER ANNUM:
Applications along with resume' should be sent no later than Friday, 2020 June 12.