The government of St. Maarten is looking for professionals who want to make an active contribution to the development of the country. In particular, the Ministry of General Affairs is looking for an experienced and independent candidate with a helicopter view for the following position: Head of Facility Services (FZ)
OBJECTIVE AND ORGANIZATION
The Facilities Department forms part of the Resources and Support Service (Dienst Middelen en Ondersteuning/DMO) of the Ministry of General Affairs and is responsible for the facility services of entire government organization. The department is, amongst others, responsible for government accommodations, office furnishing, cleaning, security, catering, central purchasing, warehouse management, parking and logistics.
In this position you are responsible for the daily management of the employees of the department and you report directly to the Head of Resources and Support (DMO) of the Ministry of General Affairs.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- prepare, prioritize, distribute, check and monitor the progress and quality of the work;
- promote cohesion between the various activities to increase efficiency and effectiveness and to improve quality;
- initiate and conduct meetings and support and coach employees professionally;
- take care of the daily operations of the department and supervise the implementation of changes and innovations;
- take care of the performance cycle for personnel and advice on legal position matters for personnel;
- monitor the link between development planning and the budget cycle and advise on this;
- prepare the departments’ annual plan and annual report;
- provide information for the budget cycle and monitor the exhaustion of the department budgets;
- manage the development of the department policies and implementation instruments and ensure the evaluation thereof and consult with the political leadership and the ministries’ management teams;
- drive continuous improvement in order to streamline operational processes to improve lead time;
- contribute to the continuous improvement of the team and its methodologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed academic education, preferably in facility management;
- Experience with or with the government or a similar organization is an advantage;
- At least 5 years of leadership experience and coaching management style;
- Experience in managing complex change processes;
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch language (spoken and written);
- Able to work strategically in a politically and administratively sensitive environment;
- Experience in negotiating with suppliers and assessing offers; knowledge of and experience with contract management is an advantage;
- Experience in financial management and budget preparation;
- Knowledge of vehicle and building insurance, purchasing and selection regulations and of products and materials;
- You have knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer knowledge;
- Problem solving ability and proactive;
- Integrity, reliability and transparency;
- Natural bridge builder and able to empower employees in their talents and strengths.
Depending on knowledge and experience, the remuneration is a minimum of NAf. 5,945.00 and a maximum of NAf. 11,128.00 gross per month with a full working week of 40 hours.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending a letter with CV and copies of your diploma(s) before September 25, 2023.