Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Group Security Operations team in the capacity of: Group Security Supervisor
The Group Security Operations Department exists to oversee Sagicor Group’s operation in security, safety, fraud-related investigations and specialized fraud and safety training emphasis. Of this general mandate, the Group Security Supervisor is charged with the responsibility of ensuring that matters escalated to the department for investigations are addressed and resolved within a reasonable timeframe, additionally they monitor fraud reporting across the group and ensure that security equipment and personnel are in place and in proper working order at all times
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the Group’s Fraud reports through Fraud Portal, monitoring, reviewing and assigning cases logged, closed and escalated for investigation and preparing quarterly reports.
- Provide feedback to Assistant Manager Group Security Operation on matters that may require deep-dive investigation
- Conduct preliminary investigations into escalated cases of fraud.
- Request meeting with affected parties and request statements and additional information.
- Have one-on-one interviews/discussions with the individual in question.
- Assisting in the resolution of queries from Internal and External
- Assist with the coordination of Anti-Fraud and Security workshop training Sessions across the Group
- Liaise with GHR Training department on scheduling sessions.
- Preparing police statements for responsible officers for court proceedings
- Performing other related duties from time to time to include but not limited to:
- Attend site visits and create security detail flow chart for Sagicor sponsored events.
- Assist in the Branch Evaluation process to ensure the safety and security of property, clients and team members.
- Assist with the resolution of ATM and Branch surveillance issues
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Law, Law enforcement or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- 3 years’ experience in investigative work such as security or audits
- Thorough knowledge of the Group’s policies and procedures relating to operations
- Thorough knowledge of the products and services of the Group
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Sound knowledge of security systems
- Basic knowledge of investigative techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent human relations skills
- Highly Confidential
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Normal office environment
- Occasional site visit to locations across the island
- Occasional overseas travel
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours and occasionally on weekends
If this role is of interest to you please submit an application no later than May 31, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.