Reporting directly to the Group Information Technology Officer, the Group IT Application Services Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of systems requirements, development, software quality assurance testing, configuration management and final preparation for release for systems across the group of companies. This role is also responsible for providing 3rd tier production support for business applications. This role is also responsible for setting the direction with respect to the design, definition, and management of the application portfolio in conjunction with the Group Enterprise Architect to ensure that it is optimized with respect to leveraging new technologies, and retiring/replacing legacy technologies and systems, and aligned with the enterprise architecture to meet the business objectives of the organization.
- Support the GITO to define, update, and implement a Information Strategic Plan which is aligned with JMMB group business strategic plan. Align IT objectives and programs to enterprise objectives and strategies. Ensure defined short, medium and long terms Information Systems goals and initiatives are aligned with business goals
- Provide assistance to the GITO in designing / maintaining an appropriate IT platform (applications) architecture to support the Information System Strategic Plan
- Assess new, emerging and improvements in technologies to determine potential value for the company for example CRM, online banking, Kiosks, IVR, etc.
- Identify and make business case for use of appropriate technologies to improve operational efficiency to reduce customer service cost, customer satisfaction and revenues.
- Support service development planning, design and execution.
- Ensure that the service designs produced meet the documented business requirements, and are aligned with the technology standards and principles
- Manage the functional design aspects of the service, data management and environment applications
- Produce quality, secure and resilient designs for all new and improved services
- Ensure the production and maintenance of all design documentation
- Identify and effects changes to the service design process through evaluation and lessons learnt.
- Provide support on the application portfolio with respect to applications to buy, enhance, retire and maintain.
- Provide guidance to ensure quality deliverables are achieved utilizing quality assurance principles
- Support all architectural disciplines and champions’ architectural initiatives.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership in the execution of highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains.
- Approve IT change management policies and procedures
- Review and/or analyzes and develops architectural requirements as needed for the organization.
- Ensure the conceptual completeness of the technical solutions.
- Provide strategic consultation to business leaders, and IT leaders.
- Define the skills, competencies in the skills, and talents for his / her team members, and works with human resources to acquire staff.
- Responsible for the overall training and development of his / her team.
- Engage in the transformation process for the continuous improvement of all subsidiary and associate companies.
- Manage direct reports with respect to assignments, coaching and performance appraisals
- Travel to subsidiary and associate companies for selected project for implementations.
- Coordinate the continued support of subsidiary and associate companies through the use of the Service Desk, internal staff, and assigned contractors.
- Promote JMMB’s philosophy of the Vision of Love and its unique culture.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s Degree in business or a related technical discipline.
- First Degree in Computer Science from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Ten (10+) years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture design, development, and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and software quality assurance standards and principles.
- Advanced training in systems analysis and design techniques also required.
- Five (5+) years project management experience.
- Leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of system development, system software and data management.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Knowledge in IT solutions for financial service industry including banking, wealth management, and remittances.
- Highly proficient in oral and written communication skills, including knowledge of presentation programmes and equipment.
- Working knowledge of financial sector instruments, laws, regulations, ethics and terminology.
Submit applications by November 30 2021.