Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Group Finance team in the capacity of GL Control Officer
The selected candidate will provide accounting support to assist with the smooth functioning of the various accounting and reporting cycles within the Finance Unit by ensuring that all financial and accounting related transactions are properly recognized, measured and reported in accordance with company policy and applicable accounting standards (IFRS).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews daily detailed Balance sheet and Profit and Loss reports for allocated Branches/units assigned by Manager.
- Monthly Calculation and booking of Surplus Entries
- Maintenance of control schedules for EB difference line.
- Reviewing of Branches/ Department
- Posting of Entries to the General Ledger for Sagicor Group Jamaica.
- Prepare ADHOC Branch/Department GL Reconciliations for all balances not being reconciled
- Financial Systems Administration
- Reviewing ESB to ensure uploads T24, Topas, Capsil, Citi, Bizpay
- Update Assigned Audit Schedules monthly for review by Manager. Also investigate
- Daily Completion of Catchall Reconciliation.
- Responds to all queries relating to individual ledgers and escalate to supervisor or production support where necessary.
- Maintain Files appropriately. GL sheets and reconciliations after review
- Perform other duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Management, or other related discipline, from a recognized tertiary institution
- ACCA II
- At least two (2) years’ accounting experience
- Knowledge of applicable accounting standards (IFRS)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to prioritize task/duties in order to complete competing tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintain and acquire knowledge of an accounting nature that will aid in performing job functions satisfactorily.
- Seeking and identifying relevant in-house and external training opportunities for further development.
- Making recommendations regarding areas of responsibility or the department as a whole.
- Keeping abreast of relevant changes to applicable industry standards and relevant accounting standards (IFRS)
- Appropriately determine the need to escalate problems encountered.
- Taking on additional tasks/duties where applicable.
- May be required to act in other positions on a temporary basis, commensurate with experience, developed skills or aptitude
- The Banking Act: Commercial Banks Comprehensive Financial Return Explanatory Notes
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later October 23, 2020. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.