The Director is part of the Foundation's Management Team, the applicant will first and foremost work closely with all departments, Out-Patient Care. Ambulant Care and Crisis team, Admissions, Day Treatment, Short and Long Stay, Information and Prevention. Administration and Facilities. The applicant will also regularly collaborate with relevant projects such as budget preparation, electronic care dossier, external relationships and ongoing new developments.
• Creates a culture in which innovative ideas can flourish and provides vision and inspiration to enable staff to deliver services effectively.
• Acts as a role model within the organization, leads and manages the care products of the departments.
• Evaluates the work of the management team within the organization.
• Communicates effectively with staff in all services levels on a regular basis. ensuring good communication developing and implementing service plans.
• Communicates on behalf of the organization with shareholders & government entities.
• Responsible for ensuring that the organization delivers safe and effective care, which will require regular interaction with medical staff and patients.
• The Director must ensure that there are processes in place to support this and take corrective action when necessary.
• The Director is required to enhance the quality of care provided to patients as part of their service improvement role, liaising closely with medical staff and support services.
• Identifies developments in the field and theoretical principles and contribute to concrete changes in methods within psychiatric care.
• Overseeing the organization's short- & long-term strategy according to the Multi Annual Plan approved by the Board.
• Soliciting advice and guidance. when appropriate from the Board.
• Reports directly to the Board and must be able to submit quarterly quality and production reports.
MENTAL HEALTH VISION
The management of the foundation is based on these Core Values:
1. Valuing people - Listening and learning to meet client's needs;
2. Ethics and transparency - Passion and open communication
3. Service excellence - Guided by patient expectations. ambulant care
4. Accountability - Take public responsibility for our actions;
5. Innovation - Be open to change and follow through:
6. Collaboration - Together we are strong and resilient
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We offer an interesting and rewarding working environment with a proactive, dynamic team spirit. The work is varied and offers scope for initiative and innovation. The salary is competitive.
Start date • 1 September, 2020 Contract type - Fulltime, 40 hours a week, for 1 year with the option for a permanent contract after a positive evaluation.
Apply no later than August 1st, 2020.