The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC), invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of: Full-Time Faculty in the areas of:
- Business Administration
- Mathematics/ Quantitative Methods
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full-time members of faculty are professional educators with the primary responsibility of providing a quality learning experience for all University of the Commonwealth Caribbean students at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- The responsibilities for this position will include some or all of the following: excellent teaching, student advising, research activities, professional service and community engagement, curriculum development and relevant administrative responsibilities. Responsibilities may include involvement in evening or weekend duties, off campus, as well as student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development, delivery and monitoring of curricula for face-to-face and online programmes.
- Manage the production of text-based instructional materials and other learner support materials.
- Design, develop and maintain programme databases and records systems so as to ensure the proper archiving of curriculum products and student progression.
- Participate in professional development workshops and seminars so as to enhance the delivery of the curriculum.
- Ensure the appropriate management of the classroom situation so as to enhance learning and facilitate student engagement.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The position will require the necessary competencies and skills:
a) Robust teaching and research background/experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students.
- To apply initiative and judgment to solve day-to-day problems with flexibility and timeliness.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
- A Doctorate Degree in the area of expertise or almost completed.
- Teacher Training
- Teaching experience preferably 3-5 years at the at a tertiary Institution.
Fulbright recipients are welcome to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: Thursday, October 31, 2019