Responsible for providing accounting and clerical support related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will be required to:
1. Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
2. Pay Vendors taking advantage of any discount opportunities; and according to Company policies and procedures.
3. Pay employees according to Company policies and procedures.
4. Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
5. Prepare and process monthly journals for accruals and journal entries adjustments where required.
6. Process VAT reconciliation.
7. Rectify and research problem invoices.
8. Maintain a current database of Vendors.
9. Correspond with Vendors and respond to inquiries.
10. Prepare reports as required.
11. Assist in the preparation of Management Reports and Financial Statements as required.
12. Comply fully with the Company’s policies and procedures, Core Values, and Charter of Business Ethics.
13. Perform any other duties as required by the job function.
1. Completed ACCA Level 1 or Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
2. Three (3) years’ experience in a similar position Or any other equivalent combination of qualification and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
2. Attention to detail and accuracy
3. High level of integrity
4. Good verbal communication skills
5. Computer literate
All interested suitably qualified applicants should submit their resumes by March 27, 2023.
Receive updates & notifications from Caribbean Opus