What can you expect?
Reporting to the Head of Business Finance, the successful candidate will be studying the Group’s financial data to identify and recommend actions which support the company objectives and drive financial results. Their duties include writing financial reports, forecasting and collecting industry research to assist decision making. The financial analyst will play an integral role in supporting financial planning, analysis and special financial studies for the organization. Key customers include the Group Chief Executive Officer, Group Chief Financial Officer, Chief Distribution Officer, Financial Controllers, Shareholders, the Board, business leaders (group, regional and domestic), and other departments as required.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for gathering data to understand the trends affecting a specific type of product or territory to help their stakeholders make important decisions. Working with cross-functional teams, you will be required to gather and document business requirements for data analysis and reporting projects, as well as use Business Intelligence (BI) and database tools to develop dashboards to meet business needs.
We will count on you to:
- Analyze financial data and provide forecasting support.
- Prepare reports and projections based on financial data.
- Evaluate current and previous financial data.
- Study business and economic trends.
- Prepare detailed annual financial budgets
- Project & cost analysis
- Develop ad hoc reports, special studies and financial analysis
- Design communication process and prepare plans for all work assignments and ensure completion within deadlines.
- Monitor all data projects according to development life cycle and ensure compliance to quality standards.
- Develop (BI) dashboards and operations for reports.
- Advise management on implementation of new BI related software tools.
What you need to have:
- Strong reporting skills to present insights concisely.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Financial technical skills
- Statistical analysis.
- Ability to communicate findings with management.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to present and visualize data in a structured and understandable way. Knowledge about various charts that can be used to visualize the data such as Area Charts, Bar Charts, Heat Maps, TreeMaps, etc. All these charts allow decision-makers to understand the data in more depth by visualizing it and understanding the trends or the places where critical changes suddenly occur.
- Able to work both alone to analyse findings as well as a member of a team to work with other departments and territories.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to urgent requests and changing priorities on a daily basis.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required.
- Fluency in all aspects of English is required to be able to manage all aspects of this role.
- Appropriate Bachelor’s degree or higher qualifications in Accounting, Business Management, Finance, or similar.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis or general accounting experience.
What makes you stand out?
- Self-motivated with the energy and ability to take initiative on relevant issues.
- Appropriate mix of accounting and BI knowledge/skills
- Specific Insurance industry knowledge
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, November, 29th, 2022.