Purpose of Position
The successful candidate will be required to ensure high quality reporting of segment’s financial information for Senior Management and the Board of Directors and will also prepare critical analyses to aid in capital budgeting decisions, performance management and the attainment of key financial and operational targets.
- Works closely with the financial reporting unit and other departments to develop, enhance and manage forecasting models used in estimating/projecting future business performance.
- Co-ordinates the compilation of data for annual budgeting process, prepares annual budget including high level schedules, analyses and business plan to support and explain. Also assists in the annual strategic planning process.
- Prepares/enhance monthly reports used by Senior Management and the Board of Directors (e.g. ALCO, Management Accounts, Forecasts, Business Unit and Product Profitability).
- Integral in the preparation of analyses and financial statements for external audit.
- Ensures that the executive and senior management teams are kept apprise of changes and trends in the financial sector as well as their impact through ongoing reviews and analysis of the segments’ performance against relevant benchmarks.
- Compiles data for annual reports, profit/cash flow reports, assessing operational performance and making recommendations to improve financial operations.
- Supports the preparation of financial risk management reports (interest rate risk, liquidity risk, currency risk etc.), as well as preparation of reports for consolidation by the GraceKennedy Group.
- Ensures the bank complies with all relevant tax policies and IFRS. Develops and designs procedures surrounding tax compliance and other related initiatives for new and existing taxes. Ensures the Bank’s GCT, current income tax, deferred income tax, and other tax related matters are appropriately calculated in accordance with tax policies and relevant IFRS and tax filings are submitted on a timely basis.
- Plays an integral role in the implementation of new and revised IFRS, as well as compliance with existing standards.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Key Competencies
The successful candidate should have:
- A BSc. Degree in Management, Accounting, Banking & Finance, or equivalent. A Master’s Degree with a concentration in Finance or Accounting, ACCA, CPA, or CFA, with a minimum three (3) years post qualification managerial experience in accounting, banking or similar role
- Previous financial services experience will be an asset
- Experience working with Oracle general ledger systems
- Good knowledge of commercial and investment banking
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to develop high level presentations for senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with persons at all levels
- Ability to multitask and think ‘outside the box’
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills
Deadline for applying: 23/06/2020