Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Group Corporate Accounting team in the capacity of Finance Manager
The selected candidate will execute Accounting functions at a level that will enhance the effective operation of the department and the achievement of the goals and objective.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an accurate General Ledger by; Managing and reviewing of Accounting Officers work, ensuring that all financial transactions are appropriately recorded, and that the ledger reflects the true financial condition of the company.
- Evaluating, monitoring & managing control procedures and financial reporting processes surrounding the general ledger (bank reconciliations, sub-ledger reconciliations, account analyses, fixed asset register, expense variance reports etc.). Ensuring that all audit requests are executed.
- Managing processes to ensure that the sub-ledger results are appropriately incorporated into the general ledger; Analyzing and providing input in the preparation of management communication including the interpretation of financial reporting results for stakeholders
- Execute the financial reporting function of the company by; Evaluating financial reporting needs and the appropriateness of the basis of financial reporting
- Analyzing the accounting treatment of complex events or transactions and analyzing complex financial statement note disclosure; Preparing/directing the preparation of other reports as required or directed.
- Execute the Planning and Budgeting process by; Preparation of appropriate working papers (e.g. interest income, expenditures, etc.) and analyses to support the annual budgets; Monitoring variances between actual and budgeted results and escalating exception variances
- Supervise the Property Management Unit by; Providing sound direction and training for Accounting Officers & Finance Officers, including the monitoring of performance on an on-going basis, completing written appraisals and providing assistance in recruiting staff as required.
- Maintaining a sound knowledge of the company’s products and services and of procedures necessary to respond appropriately.
- Maintaining a sound knowledge of Regulations and other legislation relevant to the company’s businesses and any procedures necessary to respond appropriately to the requirements to ensure compliance.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Professionally certified accountant (ACCA, CPA) or equivalent with experience in accountancy.
- A minimum of five (5) years managerial or supervisory experience in a Bank, Life Insurance Company, Financial institution or Audit Firm.
- Strong knowledge of a broad range of disciplines such as; Financial Reporting and Analysis, including IFRS, Planning & Budgeting, Taxation, Accounting Practice in financial services entities
- The incumbent should be able to; Analyze and advise on the tax consequences or planning opportunities for complex transactions; Analyze and predicts the impact of strategic and operational decisions on financial results.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, communication skills, flexibility and an ability to manage the variety of tasks assigned.
- Working knowledge of policies and procedures and knowledge of the company’s operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to produce reports
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than November 30, 2020.While we appreciate all application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.