The Facilities Assistant will be responsible for providing technical support to the company’s business units. This includes responsibility for the operation, repairs, maintenance and alterations of the respective facilities. In addition, the role requires liaising with internal customers, vendors, suppliers, contractors, consultants, and utilities and regulatory agencies to the satisfaction of the company and its various stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities Summary
- Plan and administer Repairs and Maintenance in order to ensure satisfactory completion within specifications including cost and timeframe.
- Perform site visits to the company’s business premises and facilities and, provide guidance and oversight on the preventative maintenance plan, and obtain feedback from relevant personnel on current maintenance contracts.
- Perform building inspections at all of the company’s business premises and facilities.
- Prepare internal estimates and scope of works; source quotations for Minor Repairs and Maintenance Programmes, ensuring complete and accurate descriptions of technical requirements, specifications, and materials.
- Accurately evaluate solicited quotations against internal estimates, agreed criteria, weighting, and other requirements, making appropriate recommendations to Management that ensure value for money.
- Plan and prepare for works to be carried out, ensuring relevant data are analyzed accurately and summarized to enable decisions on methods of repair, maintenance and alterations.
- Monitor progress of works against agreed programmes, materials, workmanship and quality standards, ensuring appropriate budget controls are in place.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and legal and regulatory requirements and ensure that the performance of each contractor, supplier, or vendor is evaluated and documented.
- Accurately prepare purchase orders for contractors/suppliers for the provision of goods and services for approval by Management.
- Check for accuracy and certify (validation of works completed) invoices for goods and services provided by Contractors/Suppliers; ensure comprehensive review of associated service reports, promptly take follow up actions, and ensure accurate allocation of expenses among the appropriate cost centers.
- Respond to customers’ requests, enquiries, incoming and outgoing calls, in a courteous and timely manner consistent with operating standards; escalate to management where necessary.
- Complete special projects and other delegated activities as assigned by Management.
- An Associate degree in a Facilities Management, Project Management or any related discipline from a recognized institution
- Post-Secondary Education at National or Caribbean Vocational Qualification to Level III in Properties and Facilities Maintenance
- A Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a Facilities Management or Project Management environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read, analyse, interpret and use relevant technical documents, drawings and forms
Date posted: Nov 12, 2020 | Application Deadline: not provided | Unposting: Dec 3, 2020 |