To develop and implement the finance and accounting function of the Authority in accordance with the finance requirements defined in the Telecommunications Act, Chap. 47.31.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide overall direction and management of the finance and accounting functions to ensure successful completion of the Authority’s strategic and operational objectives.
2. Develop and implement the finance and accounting responsibilities of the Authority.
3. Ensure the financial requirements of the Telecommunications Act, Chap. 47.31 are met.
4. Assist the Chief Executive Officer in the development of the Authority’s Strategic and Operational Plans and participate in the preparation of the agendas for meetings of the Board as it pertains to financial matters.
5. Manage the banking and treasury portfolio.
6. Ensure the collection of all revenue, fees and receivables due to the Authority.
7. Overall management of the annual estimates process including submission of both capital and revenue for Board approval.
8. Liaison with the Ministry responsible for ICT for submission of annual estimates, surpluses, annual report and other finance and accounting matters.
9. Manage the Authority’s pension funds.
10. Administration of the Universal Service Fund (USF).
11. Manage the Authority’s financial rules, processes, procedures including related forms and other documentation.
12. Manage the Division’s relationship and activities with Internal Audit.
13. Overall management of the annual Auditing process with the Auditor General or other appointee.
14. Submit end of year financial statements for review by the Board and the Minister.
15. Ensure asset and inventory control management.
16. Manage accommodation and foreign/local travel functions.
17. Effectively supervise and develop the capabilities, teamwork, and customer orientation of a team of highly skilled professionals, providing guidance, directives, support and training as appropriate.
18. Provide advice, guidance, coaching and on the job training for staff as required.
19. Ensure a harmonious work environment by treating with staff issues and resource requirements in a consistent and timely manner in accordance with the Authorities policies and procedures.
20. Comply with the HSE policy & procedures of the Authority and cooperate with workplace health and safety measures and initiatives.
21. Ensure risk management activities for areas of responsibility are implemented, regularly monitored and maintained and regularly inspect work areas and activities of subordinates to identify hazardous working conditions and implement corrective actions.
22. Perform other related duties as required by job function
Qualifications and Experience
• Recognized Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Management or related field.
• Professional Accountancy Qualification, FCCA or equivalent.
• Minimum of ten years (10) experience at senior management or executive level with a minimum of ten years (10) experience in finance and accounting.
• Extensive background and experience in the telecommunications and broadcasting industry and/or regulatory environments would be an asset.
• Recognized Master’s degree in Business Administration would be an asset.
Professional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Detailed knowledge of:
o Computerized accounting systems including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and other accounting systems.
o Financial modelling and forecasting techniques.
o Revenue collection processes.
o Research methods, business planning and project management.
o New and emerging developments in telecommunications technologies and the impact on policies, economics and engineering.
• Skills & Abilities:
o Plan, develop and implement strategies, policies, procedures, and work standards.
o Efficient use of Microsoft Office applications including Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
o Excellent team building skills and strong ability to nurture a workplace environment committed to quality, integrity and delivery of service.
o Organizational procedures, processes, standards, methods and practices.
o Strong leadership, managerial and team development capabilities.
o Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
o Operates as a team player, shares knowledge and contributes willingly to team efforts.
o Ability to work in a dynamic environment and under well-defined timelines.
Applications should be submitted no later than Friday, November 30, 2020