The jobholder is responsible for the effective, efficient and coordinated administrative efforts. The Executive Assistant is the principal contact to the University of the Commonwealth Caribbean’s Senior Executive both internally and externally and must ensure that the business of the office is moved forward according to the priorities and principles of the institution.
The jobholder must be able to compose difficult correspondence independently, analyze difficult and/or sensitive situations and adopt an effective course of action, principles and practices relating to budget programs and general systems management, active listening – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, establish and maintain interpersonal relationships to create a cooperative and constructive working relationship.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to the following)
- The Executive Assistant will provide CONFIDENTIAL, senior administrative support and implement the priorities established.
- strategically managing, coordinating and setting the relevant schedules.
- reviewing and screening requests for meetings, events and speaking engagements.
- Liaison with a variety of Departments, both internal and external.
- Efficient management of appointment schedules (with an aim of avoiding conflicts).
The Executive Assistant is required to specifically:
- examine, analyze, evaluate and refer all incoming communication.
- scrutinize and take action on correspondence.
- review documents requiring signature.
- draft appropriate correspondence.
- Interact intelligently with diverse audiences including partners, potential partners, executive and management-level staff, private citizens, and community groups.
- Perform tasks assigned, including and preparing supporting material for meetings and projects (both for meetings called by the Senior Executive and those called by other party). It is important that for meetings called by other parties, there is clear rationale established (and consultation held) before meeting is confirmed.
- Use judgment to acquire necessary information from a variety of formal and informal sources in order to keep the President informed of matters affecting the University.
- Act as intermediary interacting with officials, and staff at all levels and the public.
- Provide information and resolution to issues requiring a comprehensive knowledge of institutional policies, procedures and special issues.
- Assist in research and analyses of data and the development of reports and proposals in Excel and other applications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field of studies from a recognized institution a Masters would be an asses.
- Training in Paralegal Studies would be a distinct advantage
- Five (5) years experience in working with high level Executives, Directors, Deans, AVP, VP, or supporting senior executive(s) would be an advantage.
- Progressive experience in academic or related institutions
- A combination of professional development and experience leading to high levels of competency
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to work on multiple, pressing projects simultaneously
- Must present a calm and professional demeanor to internal and external constituents in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (word processing, excel, power point, etc.)
- Critical thinking and the ability to problem solve to the benefit of all parties when necessary are ideal.
- Scrupulous attention to detail and consistent output of high quality work are essential.
- Exercising confidentiality and discretion in all matters, at all times, is a must.
ATTRIBUTES (Incumbent must possess the following attributes)
- Political Savvy
- Performance focused
- The jobholder may be required to work extended hours from time to time.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: Sunday, January 31, 2021