As the E&I Engineer II (CMI) for this growing, dynamic company, your primary objectives are to:
- Provide expertise and apply the appropriate standards/regulations in the planning of maintenance activities/projects and inspection of equipment associated with Methanol/DME processing, production and export.
- Coordinate activities to ensure the reliability, efficiency, safety and availability of plant systems and equipment.
- Develop and execute strategies to eliminate repeat failures (manage defect elimination, identification of bad actors, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, and Reliability Centered Maintenance) thereby improving asset integrity, reliability and availability of plant equipment while optimizing maintenance and operational costs.
- Analyze, trend and interpret condition monitoring information and equipment inspection data/reports to make recommendations/decisions for corrective actions and improvements as required to the Plant Operations Team
- Develop, maintain and implement equipment preventive maintenance, condition monitoring and reliability engineering practices for all plant equipment. Conduct annual review of the E&I Integrity program and equipment audits for continuous improvement.
- Adhere to the work management system and ensure that the CMMS system is accurately updated to capture real time information and historical data through regular audits. Minimize backlog of work in area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all E&I – inspection work orders are planned and closed out as needed in the CMMS with the appropriate Fault Code Statistics and History reporting as per the Maintenance Policy.
- Participate in equipment long term planning and obsolescence/end of life strategy.
- Produce a Monthly Report detailing the works carried out during the month and represent statistics on a graphical basis.
- Plan, Schedule and Execute Turnarounds for E&I inspection work orders.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and develop Management of Change (MOC) for equipment upgrade, replacement or modification.
- Engage in contract management, preparation of scope of works, cost estimates, contractor usage plan, tendering evaluation and analysis, procurement, execution and close-off.
- Support the preparation of annual budget, implementing cost control practice consistent with the company objectives. Identify accruals for the succeeding year.
- Participate in HSSE investigations, trip investigations, root cause analyses (RCA), job hazard analyses, process hazard analyses (including Hazops), etc., as needed, and prepare the related reports as necessary, tracking department actions as required.
- Ensure compliance with all ISO policies and procedures, as well as relevant codes and standards.
- Respond to emergency call-outs on nights, weekends and holidays.
Education / Qualification
- BSc. in Electrical Engineering.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of related experience in a petrochemical environment.
- Practical experience with Software packages such as Scheduling (P6), Planning (SAP/Maximo) and Inspection (Infrared) would be considered an asset.
- PMP and/or CRE Certification would be considered an asset.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: JUNE 05, 2023