Provide high quality and professional technical, policy and planning advice to the Government and other key stakeholders in all matters relating to education and youth within the context of sustainable development.
- Lead in the development of national policies, plans and programmes in education and youth development.
- Provide co-ordination, monitoring and evaluation of policies, plans and programmes with respect to Education and Youth for national development.
- Undertake research activities to influence decision-making and to provide complete, accurate, timely data of performance/ status of the Education and Youth sectors.
- Analyse trends in social indicators and make policy recommendations.
- Contribute to project/programme development, coordination and monitoring in order to align external cooperation resources to government priorities in education, youth and sustainable development.
- Provide education and youth research and information services, including contributing to the production of the Institute’s publications.
Qualification and Experience Required
- Master’s Degree in Education, Education Economics, Development Economics, Public Policy or other relevant Social Sciences or related area
- At minimum five years’ relevant professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, in education and training policy
- Demonstrated ability to lead policy dialogues for comprehensive education reforms
- Training in research methodologies and use of statistical applications are highly recommended
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with specific emphasis on technical writing, public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to work with persons and in teams at various organisational levels
- Aptitude to prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Capacity to work on own initiative
Applications should be submitted, no later than March 24, 2023