Performs public health nursing activities within a Schools and Education District Offices. Assists the Education District Health Nurse in the management of an assigned district, ensuring the optimum health and well-being of students and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Education District Health Nurse in coordinating activities in the health districts using designated policies and procedures.
• Assist in the identification of the health needs of the community
• Assist with the operation plan for the education district.
• Assist with the preparation of updates of the health profile for the district.
• Prepare monthly reports and plot the EPI graph.
• Assist in the preparation for team meetings.
• Performs any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate Organisational Relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• General Nursing Skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written)
• Advocacy skills
• Effective management skills
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• A Nursing Degree from a recognised institution
• Certification in Medical and Surgical nursing and Midwifery.
• Certification in District nursing would be an asset.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in various hospital departments.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP:
Deadline for Application: July 5th, 2022 at 4pm