- Coordinates reports for submission to the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service (MOFP), Office of the Contractor General (OCG), Public Procurement Commission (PPC) and Cabinet Office.
- Monitors the organization’s procurement activities to ensure conformity to the Procurement Plan.
- Ensures that tender documents are prepared in accordance with GOJ standards and disseminated timely and accurately.
- Oversees the tendering and contract award processes.
- Represents the organization at PPC Sector Committee, PPC Cabinet Infrastructure Committee meetings.
- Liaises with representatives of funding agencies and government departments on matters relating to purchases and external payments for goods to ensure that established guidelines, rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Procures goods and services on a competitive basis without compromising quality and ensures proper storage.
- Ensures that funds are allocated to meet the expenditure for goods prior to placement of orders and ensures that the procurement practices conform to procurement guidelines of the FAA Act.
- Manages, monitors and controls the procurement of goods and services and ensures that the objectives and basic principles of procurement guidelines and procedures are complied with. ? Assists senior directors in developing guidelines for establishing priorities in the allocation of resources.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- BSc. in Business Administration, Management Studies, Public Administration, Public Sector Management, Economics or Accounting, ACCA Level 2 or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- Certificate in Public Procurement: UNDP/CIPS Level 3 or INPRI/MIND Level 4
- Five (5) years related work experience in procurement of goods and services
Salary band: $2,023,417 - $2,405,207 p.a. plus applicable allowance
Applications should be submitted by Friday October 30, 2020