The Board of Governors of the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College (CFBC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following full-time position with effect from September 1, 2020: Director of Human Resources.
Qualifications and Experience
• Applicants must possess a Masters’ degree in Human Resources or a related field
• Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
• A professional certification in HR Management will be considered an asset
• Guides and manages the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programmes for the College
• Collaborates with senior administrators and the Board to forecast and develop the College’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruitment, and retention
• Develops an HR strategy aligned to the College’s strategic objectives
• Manages staff within the Human Resources Department
• Provides consultation and strategic leadership throughout the change management process
• Develops and implements HR policies that are current, aligned with national labour laws, and in keeping with best practices
• Designs and implements a comprehensive orientation programme for new employees
• Prepares Human Resource reports, budgets, and training plans
• Manages the recruitment and selection process of academic and non-academic staff
• Manages the employee performance evaluation process and staff recognition programme
• Reviews and updates job descriptions and organisational charts
• Advises the management team regarding employee grievances and disciplinary matters
• Communicates effectively with internal and external constituents
• Performs HR functions regarding compensation and benefits, leave requests and job letters
• Exercises confidentiality, diplomacy, and tact with the ability to demonstrate patience
• Prepares HR Board Submissions and performs any other duties as may be assigned by the VP Finance & Administration
Commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the current salary structure at CFBC.
The deadline for receipt of applications is July 17, 2020. Late applications will not be acknowledged.