Saba Reach Foundation (SRF) is a small non-profit organization operating on the Dutch Caribbean island of Saba. It serves to facilitate sustainable employment and participation opportunities for (young) adults with a distance to the labor market. To realize this the foundation has three interrelated social/educational departments: Time-out program, the social workplace and adult education.
We are currently looking for a new director to lead the organization and the small team of professionals and participants. The organization needs a hands-on, proactive, analytical, resultsoriented, empathetic and charismatic leader/entrepreneur. A versatile individual that is not afraid to guide, nor to take ownership. A values-based leader that has an eye for long-term strategy, stimulates professional development, maintains a fruitful professional network, and leads by example.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Manage and lead staff and participants in a constructive and professional way
• Develop a long-term strategy and policy that ensures continuity and development for the organization
• Develop and write project proposals
• Manage and guard the organization’s finances (budgets and reports, long- and short-term);
• Source and acquire extra project and operational funds
• Initiate and facilitate professional cooperation with other parties
• Maintain a healthy communication with the board of directors, translate their ideas into practical scenarios and advising them on matters related to the objectives of the organization.
• Verifiable experience/knowledge with at-risk and challenging target groups in project leadership and/or management capacities
• Verifiable specialized knowledge of social labor market, social participation, time-out programs and its target groups
• Academic master’s degree preferred
• Advanced computer skills (Office);
• Excellent command of English and Dutch, both written and spoken
• A valid driver's license.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a leadership position in a small tight-knit team of professionals. The job concerns a one-year full-time appointment (as soon as possible), with the intent of extension into a permanent contract in the long run if the working relationship proves to be positive.
We offer a competitive salary, which will depend on capacity and experience brought in.
Candidates are requested to submit their resume and motivation letter by January 28th, 2022