The Government of Sint Maarten (GOSM) envisions a future, in which public services are tailored to citizen needs, delivers more efficiently and foster openness and transparency in interactions with the state.
In order to achieve becoming a digital leader the GOSM is creating a Digital Leadership Team (DLT) within the Ministry of General Affairs to lead and facilitate the digital transformation of the public administration.
For this reason, the Ministry of General Affairs is seeking to engage a qualified and competent individual to lead the Digital Leadership Team (DLT) as a Project Manager on (Consultancy based)
The DLT will coordinate and manage the process of digital transformation, facilitating interministerial coordination, and implementing digital initiatives across the seven ministries of Government.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- The tasks and responsibilities are not considered exhaustive and modifications will be considered during the course of the Project;
- The Project Manager will steer the implementation of a Digital Strategy within government. He/she will have the mandate to work across government, working with Ministers and outside stakeholders to implement the digital roadmap;
- The project Manager will be responsible for steering change management activities across government and will participate in executive management team meetings across Government that relate to digital transformation;
- Develop and manage budget and services;
- Manage project scope and objectives; develop and update project plans; estimate tasks duration; estimate costs and assign resources as required including identifying deliverables and milestones;
- Evaluate risks for implementation and develop a risk mitigation plan as required;
- Work closely with technical staff across government in developing plans and monitoring progress;
- Report quarterly directly on/communicate digital strategy progress to the Project Oversight Committee (POC)/Steering Committee; (jointly with the NRPB for progress on the project)
- Development of Safeguards instruments in coordination with NRPB;
- Draft the Project Operations Manual for all three components of the digital transformation project;
- Assist with the management, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of vendors of all activities defined within the scope of the DGTP;
- Recommend best solutions based on understanding of Government Operations and requirements;
- Provide input to quarterly updates to the Procurement Plan, the Environmental and Social Commitment Plan (ESCP), and the Progress Implementation Plan in coordination with assigned staff of the DLT, NRPB and the Management Firm;
- In close coordination with the NRPB and the Management Firm assist with procurement of vendors/consultants for Project activities;
- Review all activities and deliverables submitted by vendors for quality control and monitor their compliance with GOSM laws, rules and practices;
- In collaboration with the Management Firm, monitor the implementation of the activities and ensure adherence to the Project’s ESCP, inform the NRPB and the Management Firm on deficiencies, and recommend remedial measures for the consultants/vendors to adopt as necessary;
- Ensure that the NRPB has the required information/documentation to report on project progress to the World Bank.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or five years working experience in Project Management or similar fields (knowledge in the area of ICT is a plus);
- Experience in working with external consultants on behalf of Government organizations;
- Vast knowledge of Government of Sint Maarten functions and departments;
- Awareness of social and political climate in Sint Maarten;
- Fluent in English both oral and written (knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus).
Compensation will be determined based on relevant work experience and overall qualifications.
If you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your application letter and resume no later than June 25th, 2021.