Our client is a major player in the global e-commerce industry with a reputation for providing 1st class customer feedback on behalf of some of the world’s largest media groups. Based in Barbados and with offices spread around the globe, this company will provide a full relocation package for the right individuals. The ideal candidate will have the ability to respond promptly and directly to problems in high-pressure, time-critical situations, resolving all issues in a calm and efficient manner. They will also work within the development teams in order to define and implement best practices, coach team members, and provide a seamless development to production experience.
- Build and manage highly scalable cloud applications (multi-az deployments)
- Develop and maintain continuous integration pipelines for the applications of your team
- Work proactively to identify areas of cost inefficiency, develop mitigation plans, and execute on
- Set up and maintain monitors on all relevant metrics generated by application systems.
- Contribute to a knowledge base of best practices for development teams and business units across the organization.
- Contribute to automated testing, and proactively develop our ability to detect and mitigate issues occurring in post-production systems without manual intervention.
- Develop and maintain documentation for all assigned responsibilities, processes, and
- Assist in organizing internal audit and disaster recovery exercises as required
- Contribute to a culture of learning regarding the operation of all post-production systems, through the strategic use workshops and incident response scenarios and maintain training regime in all relevant system technology certification (AWS Associate/Specialty Levels, RHCE, CCNA,)
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, or comparable combination of relevant work experience and/or education
- Strong understanding (with demonstrable skills) of:
- Linux (Ubuntu, Debian)
- Cloud computing (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- AWS services such as CloudFormation, CloudFront, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, API Gateway and Lamba an
- Networking (LAN, VLAN, WAN, Firewalls, iptable, TCP/IP etc.).
- Monitoring / Enforcement solutions (Grafana, Consul).
- Configuration management (Salt, Ansible, Chef).
- Orchestration and Infrastructure as Code tooling (Salt, Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.).
- CI/CD pipeline tooling (Travis, Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.).
- NodeJs, ExpressJS framework and legacy
- Containers such as
- Master-Slave solutions, encryption at
- Strong demonstrable experience with programming languages and OOP concepts (PHP, C++, Java).
- Strong understanding of modern web application
- VCS Systems (Git).
- Common security threats and how to alleviate them (DDOS, SQL injection, cross-site scripting).
- A pragmatic approach to project delivery, training, and
- Experience collaborating on multiple projects, including the use of source control and reviewing
- Previous experience in a Linux systems administrator role or a back-end developer role (3+ Years).
Web Publication Date: 3/17/2020 |Deadline: None Provided | Unposting: 3/31/2020