The Deskside Support Technician will report to the Senior Technician/Help Desk Coordinator.
NATURE & SCOPE
The Deskside Support Technician is responsible for identifying and meeting the hardware needs of the users.
The Deskside Support Technician:
- Provides strong technical hardware, software and network assistance and maintenance to all end users in the shortest possible time.
- Contribute towards minimizing down time and help achieve the most efficient use of technology available.
- Documents all questions and incidents with detail, for both accurate metrics and to help build a rich Information Technology knowledge base.
- Ensures that problem reports received are tracked and monitored through to resolution, while providing feedback to the end user.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing hardware/software to meet users’ requirements.
- Connects users to networks.
- Performs system upgrades, software updates and hardware maintenance to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Executes schedules and protocols developed for backups, maintenance and training.
- Transfers basic knowledge to the users and training on the use of new equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required by the appropriate Authority.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment to achieve assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to think analytically and logically.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A+ certified.
- Network + certification would be considered an asset.
- Two (2) years experience in repair and maintenance of PC’s, printers and peripheral devices.
- Experience in the Windows environment would be considered an asset.
- Any equivalent combination of qualification and experience.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP
- Senior Technician/Help Desk Coordinator
- Manager-Information Systems/Information Technology
- Assistant Manager-Information System/Information Technology
- Manager-Hospital Administration
- Area Administrative Officers
- Other staff of the Information Systems/Information Technology Department
- All Heads of Department
- All members of staff
- Telecommunication Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT)
Application Deadline: 25th of January 2021.