The Ministry of VROMI is responsible amongst others for the care for:
- Guiding the Spatial development of the country;
- Affairs in the area of public housing, spatial planning, environment, nature and infrastructure;
- Civil-technical works, public areas, cemeteries and urban renewal;
- The Management of real property of the Government.
- The Policy Department of VROMI is responsible for the preparation of legislation and policies, and to render advice to guide the effective execution of the tasks of the ministry and the executing services of VROMI.
VROMI is recruiting for an enthusiastic, dynamic, experienced and educated professional to fill the function of: Department Head VROMI.
Main tasks consist of the following, but are not limited to:
- Guidance of (long term) policy development and execution in the complex and vast policy areas of VROMI, and the development of multi-annual policy plans;
- As member of the Management Team, contribute to strategic interdisciplinary policy development, advising and implementation;
- Participation in and leading complex project- and workgroups and consultation frameworks;
- Management of the department (formation 9 persons)
- Prepares (multi) annual plans and budgets, annual reports and periodic (monthly/quarterly) reports;
- Sets priorities and monitors the progress and quality of work, and is responsible for change management to lead to improvements in the functioning of the department;
- Cooperates with various stakeholders and other government entities in the execution of the department tasks.
Knowledge and skills:
- Functions at a strategic and academic level, with an academic education or comparable combination of education and work experience in the relevant areas of housing, spatial planning or environment;
- Minimum 3 years of managerial experience;
- Knowledge of administrative, policy and strategic points of departure and development concerning the policy scope of the ministry;
- Insight into political and administrative decision making contexts and the social surroundings;
- Competence in dealing with situations of contradicting, principled and fundamental interests in the (related) policy area(s);
- Competence in formulating, conveying and defending policy visions and guidance of national policy- and legislative processes;
- Competence in negotiating with different consultation partners wherein a diversity of (contradicting) political, administrative, economic and commercial interests may play an important role;
- Strong communication skills in the Dutch and English language (verbal & written);
- Must be results-oriented, accurate and confidential.
Salary range: minimum NAf 6.934,00 to maximum NAf 12.629,00. The salary is based on experience and qualifications, within the established salary range, in addition to a benefits package that includes vacation, pension (age 25 or older) and medical coverage.
APPLICATION PERIOD: If you are the right candidate for this position above, kindly submit your application letter and resume no later than July 24, 2020.