Under the supervision of the Board of Directors, the Department Head oversees and directs the Internal Audit Department ensuring that procedures are adhered to and internal controls are adequate to maintain the integrity of the organization and its operations. He/she will have responsibility for providing strategic leadership for the department as well as managing the formulation of appropriate audit programs. The Department Head is also responsible for assigning and directing staffing resources to complete scheduled audit plans, generating final audit reports and conducting thorough follow-up audits on issues identified.
- Prepares and monitors the department’s operational plan and budget in accordance with agreed targets.
- Participates in the organization’s strategic planning process.
- Reviews and revises the organization’s audit policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance/advice to the Chief Executive Officer and managers on internal audit matters.
- Conducts risk assessment.
- Reviews and signs off working papers.
- Prepares audit reports that outlines deficiencies, implications and provides recommendations.
- Ensures compliance by departments with internal audit standards.
- Manages the welfare and development of direct reports.
- Participates in the recruitment of staff for the department.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, Management Studies or Accounting.
- Five (5) years’ experience at a supervisory level
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification would be an asset.
- Excellent analytical / problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good people and crisis management skills
- Good strategic planning and organizing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Government procurement policies
- Excellent knowledge of accounting
- Exceptional auditing skills
- Exceptional report writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of International Auditing Standards and Best Practices
- Excellent knowledge of business operations.
- Goal and result oriented.
Salary package ranges from $3.89 million – $4.46 million per annum plus any allowance(s) attached to this position.
Applications should be sent no later than Friday, August 14, 2020.