GK FOODS a Division of GraceKennedy Limited invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Demand Planner - GK Foods - Supply Chain Unit (SCU)
Reporting to the Chief Supply Chain Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for:
a.Leading (develop, execute and monitor) on the Sales and Operations Planning and Demand Planning processes.
b.Recognizing the impact of S&OP on commitments, costs and expectations of the division.
c.Consolidating the demand forecasts for supply and financial planning, whilst targeting and delivering on inventory cost management targets.
- Create an effective S&OP forum for marketing, sales, finance and procurement to make informed decisions and create one plan to achieve goals
- Maintain applicable demand planning databases, tools, historical records and Corporate metric reporting.
- Lead in Forecast and S&OP processes, including development and reporting
- Perform SKU and Inventory reviews to optimize inventory levels
- Develop demand forecasts based on demand patterns, business trends and seasonal forecasts.
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Identify opportunities to meet customer demands during constrained supply.
- Maintain demand planning processes and systems to improve forecasting accuracy
- Identify areas of improvements and recommend action plans
- Provide guidance on product volumes during the budgeting processes
ACADEMIC/ PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree within a Business or Mathematical curriculum, or Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Finance, Logistics or a technical area
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Manufacturing and or Supply Chain environment with emphasis on planning responsibilities or a minimum of 2 years of Demand Planning or Forecasting experience.
- APICS training/certification or IBF training/certification would be an asset.
- Extensive spreadsheet and database management skills. Advanced/excellent user of Excel for varying, non-routine ad hoc analyses.
- Experience with planning methodologies including: MRP, ERP, forecasting and inventory management.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and present ideas clearly and effectively
- Analytical, strong mathematical aptitude; possess a natural ability to translate, calculate, interpret and communicate data relative to demand and capacities requirements.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and software applications for data gathering, statistical analysis, report preparation, presentation and communication
- Self-directed, yet team-oriented work style, creative, problem solving, assertive,
- Ability to prioritize independently with minimal direction beyond initial direction and focus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to form and lead cross-functional teams.
- Capability to develop and communicate multi-level plans.
- Previous experience in inventory or production planning, as well as knowledge of process improvement and future fulfillment strategies.
- Should possess a high level of initiative and independent work ethic, detail-oriented and should be most comfortable in a result-oriented environment.
- Must own and operate a reliable motor vehicle.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit applications no later than 13/07/2020