Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, the successful applicant will have responsibility for assisting in the coordination and monitoring of all undergraduate academic programmes.
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of: Dean, Undergraduate Studies
Some Duties And Responsibilities
1. Assist the Associate Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs to ensure the efficient processing of course and examination schedules in association with the HOD’s, HOS and Programme Coordinators.
2. Guide and monitor adherence to academic policies and procedures.
3. Guide the development of new academic programmes and monitor the evaluation of current programmes in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Manager.
4. Ensure measures are in place for faculty, recruitment, retention and development.
5. Faculty Oversight
6. Play a creative and active role in clarifying ‘course policies’ and participating in relevant discussions and/or seminars, from time to time, on any curriculum developments that are germane to the programmes being offered.
7. Represent the Institution by attending relevant training sessions and seminars. as required, from time to time.
8. Counsel students about transfer arrangements, course selection, pre-requisites and co-requisites as applicable.
9. Assist with recruitment and the proper orientation of suitable qualified full-time and part-time lecturers for the programmes according to documented guidelines and procedures.
10. Facilitate the delivery of prompt service and the maintenance of high educational standards and exemplary teaching quality.
11. Assist with the development and timely implementation of appropriate marketing and public relations programmes through:
12. Prepare a monthly status report on all activities, challenges, action(s) taken, and recommendations for the Associate Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.
Participate in the Academic Council, as well as School or Department meetings as requested, to report progress, problem areas and any recommended actions.
13. In collaboration with the respective Heads of Schools and Departments, within and outside the Division of Academic Affairs, co-ordinate the following activities:
14. Coordinate the use and development of human resources, in conjunction with the respective administrative heads, and HRD.
15. Assist in the oversight of all administrative requirements in respect of Operational Plan Implementation - Academic and Student Affairs
Qualifications & Requirements:
Please Note: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be Contacted.
Deadline: Monday, November 30, 2020