Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Group IT team in the capacity of Data Storage System Administrator.
The selected candidate will be responsible for creating and testing business recovery plans, developing and executing data backup & recovery processes, solving technical issues related to the protection of corporate data throughout the organization. Tasked with the administration of backup services for all servers, appliances, databases, repositories, systems and volumes – inclusive of data storage resource planning, upgrades, monitoring and support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Backup & Recovery Management; Act as key resource for implementation and management of data backup and storage solutions; Execute, monitor and troubleshoot automatic and manual data backup jobs according to Data Protection Schedules or on demand as needed.
- Work along with DBA and Core Infrastructure teams to complete database, server and file restorations; Catalogue, store and retrieve physical storage media used with various backup solutions; Media storage catalogue & movement documentation.
- Deploy and maintain user file storage servers and storage devices across Sagicor Group Jamaica; Work along with the Sagicor Service Desk to fulfil user requests in relation to shared drives and folders; Manage file store replication infrastructure and policies; Manage public file stores
- Documentation & compliance management; Perform quarterly review of Data Protection Schedules to ensure that all corporate data are adequately covered.
- Perform quarterly review of backup and storage infrastructure and make recommendations; Maintain Backup, Recovery & Storage logs in a state compatible with Audit & Compliance reporting.
- DR/BCP Data Replication; Work along with DBA and Core Infrastructure team to ensure data replication for various systems to the DR are current and within expected RPO
- Work along with BCP/DR coordinator to conduct scheduled simulations.
- Performing other related duties from time to time as requested by the direct report, Head of IT Operations or the business via senior management team.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Science/Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution
- At least three (3) years’ working experience in data backup operations involving the use of physical (tape) and virtual (NAS/SAN/Cloud) backup technologies. Experience in SAN/NAS administration would be an asset.
- At least three (3) years working experience with a system backup application from IBM, Veeam, Veritas or Quest. Experience in backup, restoration, archiving and documentation functions with at least one of these products is mandatory.
- Experience with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager/Spectrum Protect product would be an asset.
- At least five (5) years Working experience or certifications in Microsoft Windows Server and Windows Networking (Active Directory, DFS & File Share Services)
- At least three (3) years Working experience or certifications in Linux System administration
- At least two (2) years Working experience or certification in a Hypervisor environment (eg. Vmware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Acropolis) is a requirement.
- Management & analysis of backup and restore tasks on both Windows and Linux servers with varied configurations, such as agent-based, virtual backup appliances, Windows File services, Linux NFS, database objects.
- Experience in managing backup operations tasks – both on-premise and cloud based, virtual and physical – with strong practical background in areas of data storage hardware, tape inventory management and datacentre operations.
- Training or practical experience in the use of IBM TSM/Spectrum Protect product for backup of virtual and database environments.
- Organized and good at maintaining accurate backup/restoration schedules and logs in accordance with the data audit requirements of the organization
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills.
- Sound knowledge of Office Productivity applications inclusive of word processor, spreadsheet, presentation manager, graphic visualization, project management and messaging/collaboration
- Excellent human relations and customer service skills
- Team player and able to operate effectively in/with teams of various sizes.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than October 31, 2020. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.