Reporting to the Data Modeler the Data Engineer will translate requirements into technical specifications, data models, data mapping and transform rules. Data pipeline (ETL tools) development. Lead extensive QA/UAT in partnership with the QA team. Perform quantitative analysis on data from various sources. Daily monitoring of all ETL processes. Extensive documentation of all data related processes.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with analysing of business requirements and defining data requirements from source systems.
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements.
- Identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing data infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes.
- Building required data infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using available technologies.
- Building analytical tools to utilize the data pipeline, providing actionable insight into key business performance metrics including operational efficiency and customer acquisition.
- Implement standards and guidelines for coding, performance optimization, documentation, quality assurance and production support.
- Documenting all data infrastructure and ETL processes.
- Working with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to support their data infrastructure needs while assisting with data-related technical issues.
- Promote the JMMB’s philosophy of the Vision of Love and its unique culture and is engaged in the transformation process for the continuous improvement of JMMB.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Four (4+) years’ experiences in software analysis, design and development, and ETL design and development.
- Training or experience with data warehousing tools and concepts, business intelligence and business performance analysis and reporting tools.
- Expertise in standard databases, query tools, and programming languages.
- Working proficiency in SSIS.
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on structured and unstructured datasets.
- Excellent problem-solving skills for data management and continuous process improvement.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Project management experience would be a definite plus
- Experience with banking applications a definite plus.
- Good understanding of technical data forensics.
- Working knowledge of financial sector instruments, laws, regulations, ethics and terminology, a plus
Submit applications by November 19 2021