The Data Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and quality of data, and presenting timely information to improve decision-making. The successful candidate will be working with stakeholders to actively source, integrate, prepare, model, explore and present data and make recommendations as needed.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support data sourcing initiatives across the group, to extract and integrate data from multiple sources, improve digitizing efforts via custom or off-the-shelf software integrations
- Identifying obsolete information, and assessing quality, and meaning of data for continuous cleansing initiatives
- Support data mining projects to measure business performance while using predictive analytics and statistical programming languages to improve the performance of future campaigns and exploit opportunities for growth
- Manage the use of analytical tools to create and monitor key performance indicators and outcome metrics; identify, analyze, and interpret patterns in large, complex data sets.
- Develop database queries using programming language tools to extract, transform, and load data for analytics, insights, and business operational activities.
- Maximize productivity, process efficiency, and quality through streamlined workflows, process standardization, documentation, audits, and investigations periodically.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Support business units in project management and tracking through SDLC and support quality assurance and user acceptance testing
- Document data interfaces and data mappings, enforcing data dictionary consistency for data elements and metadata management.
- Maintain up-to-date skills in data science, analytics, and data visualization platforms; seek out continuing education, certification, and training opportunities; stay current with market trends and continually improve strategies, tactics, and techniques; evaluate emerging technologies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or related discipline with experience with data analysis, modeling, design, development
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant work experience
- Data Warehouse or Business Intelligence experience with data sourcing, integration, and quality projects
- Sound knowledge of data architecture, standards, and data governance in relational and non-relational databases
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite including Excel
- Proficient in visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos Analytics, or Power BI
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python and R
- Proficient in SQL and other database-accessing languages
- Excellent leadership and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintain a high standard of integrity
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy of data
- Excellent communication skills