Purpose of Role:
The Manager, Corporate efficiently manages a portfolio of corporate clients by providing world class relationship management, top quality risk control and assists in the personal development of junior team members, as needed. The Manager is responsible for maximising customer profitability by driving revenue growth through generation of loans, deposits, fee income and the cross-selling all applicable Bank services to existing customer base and identifying and soliciting Bank services to non-customers. The Manager develops an intimate knowledge of all customers in the assigned client portfolio, coordinates all aspects of the client relationship, and provides a high quality of customer service and satisfaction. The incumbent is responsible for the credit quality of the assigned client portfolio, reviewing credit requests as required to ensure compliance with the Bank’s credit quality standards and is accountable for the customer experience. The Manager manages client portfolios that are smaller in scale and complexity than that of a Senior Manager, Corporate.
Key Accountabilities & Major Tasks:
- Corporate Banking is a part of the Corporate & Investment Banking and is responsible for servicing the Bank corporate clients’ needs by providing them with Corporate and Investment Banking financing solutions. This comprises on and off-balance sheet solutions. Corporate Investment Banking is responsible for developing, maintain and deepening the Bank’s relationships with its corporate clients across the region to deliver targeted overall profitability and return on capital of the segment within the governance and risk framework of the Bank.
- The Corporate Manager on an ongoing basis therefore:
- Sources and originates new clients and fosters quality business opportunities with existing clients through proactive ideas generation and selling. Negotiates and achieves customer retention and growth targets annually.
- Manages and grows the existing portfolio by building and broadening the scope of the client relationship and increasing ‘wallet share’ of the clients’ investment and banking business services. Focuses on providing world class personalised relationship service for up to 75-100 clients.
- Continually mines assigned portfolio, conducting thorough needs assessments and identifies business opportunities, potential client issues and risks. Provides a consultancy based approach to customers, involving the relationship team members as needed.
- Monitors and controls accounts within assigned client portfolio, reviews the quality of the customer group in line with Bank and Corporate policies and guidelines. Reviews with CRMD any trigger points or issues causing concern. Prepares and implements action plans for remediation in conjunction with relevant team members of any irregularities or deficiencies arising from the assigned client portfolio. Completes all relevant risk reviews and reporting including early warning questionnaires, proposing EWL strategies, portfolio level reporting, etc.
- Works with other Relationship Managers; the Senior Manager, Credit; Credit Managers and/or Credit Officers and product specialists across the Bank e.g. Client Solutions Group, Merchant Services, credit cards, leasing, Structuring and Distribution and Deals Management teams, as appropriate, to develop solutions which meet and create business opportunities with both existing clients and targeted prospects.
- Provides proactive relationship management and deepens client relationships through in-depth reviews of the clients’ business, financing and relationship requirements.
- Develops and delivers targeted financing solutions for clients, balancing the needs of the client’s business and the Bank’s credit and risk standards/policies. Prices financing solutions and services for clients and portfolios appropriately ensuring costs for services and products enhance the Bank’s profitability and provides quality service to clients.
- Reviews, agrees and signs off on mortgages and credit applications/recommendations (prepared by the Credit Managers and/or Credit Officers) to CRMD for sanctioning (outside of personal discretion).
- Sells customised financing and banking solutions using a diagnostic approach. This will require an understanding of the client’s business, including strategies, market position, industry risk and developments, interdependences and financial risks. Supports clients’ strategic and business planning processes, providing advice and consultation on financial needs and services.
- Takes an inclusive approach to client relationships and building the business by coordinating client portfolio relationship team members and appropriate specialists and partners. Educates supporting team members about clients' businesses, key needs and requirements on an ongoing basis. Ensures clients are referred to appropriate team members for service needs, questions and providing solutions.
- Takes an active role in the delivery of risk management and compliance with the Bank’s internal control and assurance framework. Responsible for ensuring adherence of the Bank’s AML and KYC standards with regards acceptance of new and existing business.
Critical Knowledge Required
- Good understanding of the Corporate business, financing solutions, credit suite of products, and the set of products available across FirstCaribbean.
- Strong understanding of financial options and applicability to various business scenarios.
- Understanding of the industry trends and macro-economic factors affecting customers and markets.
- Good selling, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Good credit risk analysis skills with strong financial counseling ability.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including verbal and written with a strong emphasis on the formal presentation capability.
- Developed management skills in the area conflict resolution.
- Relationship builder with ability to influence and negotiate to win- win solutions.
- Team builder and player.
- A self- starter and self-motivated.
- Good orientation to driving for results.
- Graduate status with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the business / financial world.
- Proven origination, business development, deal closing and relationship management capabilities.
- Position reports to: Head of Corporate Banking
Expiry Date: 2 April 2020