Sagicor Group Jamaica is looking for the ideal candidate to join our Data Analytics Team in the capacity of: Corporate Data Governance Lead.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of developing and operating the data governance policies supporting multiple data domains within the Sagicor Group. The Data Governance Lead will provide the authority for all Data Governance oversight and support for Data Management to ensure awareness across the organization and drive decisions for data standards and policies. The incumbent will monitor and enforce data policies, procedures and standards. Identify gaps in compliance and work with data owners/custodians to put plans in place to close identified gaps
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap aligned to business goals, including strategic priorities for the development of information-based capabilities. Evangelize the concept of “data as an asset”
- Roll out an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on the improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to the organization practices and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Define guidelines related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for the stewardship of the company’s principal information assets. Responsible for ensuring consistent, accurate, complete, accessible and timely data are maintained in the core systems.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and IT to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business or related field required.
- Formal training in Project Management.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Data Management
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of core data management components such as data warehouses, data analytics and reporting.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- An analytical mind. Ability to look across the business to determine linkages, process improvements, and possible roadblocks.
- The ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than February 29, 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted