Aruba Airport Authority N.V. (AAA) manages and operates Aeropuerto Internacional Reina Beatrix (AUA Airport). Being considered as one of the busiest airports in the Caribbean region, AUA Airport plays a prominent role in the Aruban economy as the principal tourism gateway. As the manager and operator of a leading airport, AAA undergoes continuous upgrades to maintain its position as one of the region’s most innovative airports. Prior the global pandemic, AAA was accustomed to facilitating almost 2.900.000 passengers and 44.000 aircraft movements per year, mainly from the US, Canada, South America, Europe and the Caribbean, but due to the global pandemic AAA was forced to reorganize and restructure its company, resulting in new and exciting job opportunities.
Launch your rewarding career in aviation by joining our team as an: "Construction & Maintenance Engineer"
As the Construction & Maintenance Engineer, you are responsible for preparing, planning and executing all new civil and structural projects. As well as to maintain them in good working condition to meet industry standards, AAA’s fire safety strategy and provide proper service levels.
- Planning the construction and maintenance work
- Responsible for the execution of the planned works
- Responsible for all aspect regarding the construction & maintenance budget
- Provides leadership and supervision of the construction & maintenance team.
- Project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil and/or structural Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years work experience of those 3 years’ experience with projects and leadership.
- Good communication skills in English, Dutch and Papiamento. Recommended; both verbal and in writing. Spanish is optional.
- Good reporting skills in financial, budgetary, coordination and organization aspects of project execution
- Cost calculation and budgeting
- Experience in leading a team
- Computer Skills, knowledge and experience with the following software: Microsoft Office Suit, AutoCad, MS Project or Primavera.
- Knowledge and experience working with industry guidelines of project management (PRINCE2);
Department: Development & Technology
The Construction & Maintenance Engineer report directly to the Operations & Maintenance Manager
An Assessment and Medical Evaluation are part of the hiring process.
Application Deadline 22-06-2021.