Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Credit Risk team in the capacity of: Collections Associate - Commission (Contract)
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the Bank’s delinquency portfolio of credit cards, loans and overdraft by recommending and initiating corrective actions, contributing to the quality of Sagicor Bank’s retail credit portfolio, minimizing the risk of loss within the Credit Portfolio, through effective and efficient operating practices and compliance with Credit Policies and Regulatory Guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make contact and follow up with delinquent borrowers via telephone and email advising them of outstanding amounts.
- Establish sound repayment arrangements in accordance with Policy.
- Make arrangements to collect payments from delinquent clients, when necessary.
- Monitor and action delinquent credit card, loan and chequing accounts reports.
- Establish and maintain constructive interaction in negotiating with delinquent borrowers in order to arrive at a mutual solution in the management of difficult cases.
- Effectively deal with disputes or differences of opinion (e.g. debtor may dispute the amount of the indebtedness and so on).
- Conduct research to establish whereabouts of “hard to reach” clients.
- Identify and recommend adjustments e.g. reversal of late fees.
- Recommend Security Realization action.
- Identify and refer accounts for bailiff or legal action.
- Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly portfolio performance tracking reports.
Academic Qualifications/ Specialized Skills/ Competencies:
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Banking or Accounting from a recognized tertiary institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in banking with at least one (1) year in Collections.
- Banking experience with emphasis in Credit Management.
- Thorough knowledge in the art of negotiating and debt recovery techniques.
- Sound credit judgment.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Has tenacity in meeting targets.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s policies and procedures regarding lending and collections.
- Self-motivated, organized and results oriented.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing and spread sheet applications.
- Ability to produce reports.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than February 26, 2021. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.