An employee in this class cleans schools, government offices and other public buildings and their immediate surroundings. The incumbent performs a variety of other simple tasks which can be readily learnt on the job. As duties are routine and repetitive, employee performs them with little or no supervision and instructions. However, work is reviewed by a superior through inspections and general observations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sweep, mop, scrub and polish all floors, dust and polish furniture; clean lavatories and wash basins and replenish soap and toilet paper.
• Empty dust-bins and wastepaper baskets, cobweb garages and main building as required; also clean glass windows and performs similar cleaning duties.
• Open and close building, including health offices and clinics, also move furniture and equipment as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: KNOWLEDGE:
• Some knowledge of cleaning methods and materials.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to follow simple, oral and written instruction.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Physical strength to withstand long hours of work.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• Training as evidenced by the possession of a School Leaving Certificate, or any equivalent training.
Deadline for Application: July 5th, 2022 at 4pm