The North-East Regional Health Authority, a statutory body under the Ministry of Health & Wellness with responsibility for the management and delivery of public health services within the parishes of St. Ann, St. Mary and Portland, is seeking a dynamic, proactive and forward thinking individual to fill the position of Chief Public Health Inspector for the parish of St. Mary.
Reporting to the Medical Officer (Health), the incumbent will be responsible for managing the parish's programme of Public Health Inspection to promote the maintenance of standards of sanitation and Environmental Health.
- B.Sc. (Environmental Health) or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Post graduate training in Meat & Other Foods.
- Diploma in Supervisory Management.
- Diploma in Community Health, Health Education, Public Administration or selected Environmental Health Specialization.
- Five (5) years' working experience in public health, three of which should be at the management level.
- Registration with the Council for Professions Supplementary to Medicine in Jamaica.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Proven track record in monitoring of standards and implementation of public health programmes.
- Proactive work attitude, good ethical conduct and human relations skill.
- Good written, oral, and time management skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the staff within the defined public health inspectorate.
- Plans & directs Environmental Health programmes for the parish in keeping with National Health objectives.
- Implementing programmes and evaluating adequacy and adherence to policy.
- Managing the quarantine inspectorate services.
- Planning of parish water quality control and waste water programmes; field inspection investigations and surveillance services.
- Assessing building and land development plans and issuing certification.
- Analyzing reports and statistics; communicating information and making recommendations to the relevant authorities.
- Administering budgetary allocations and preparing annual estimates of expenditure.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE PER ANNUM:
- Salary Scale: $1,869,996 — 2,222,838 per annum along with any other allowance(s) attached to the post.
Applications along with detailed resume should be sent no later than Friday, 2020 June 12.