KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Oversight of the preparation of monthly management accounts and annual statutory financial statements in accordance with International Accounting standards, regulatory framework and industry best practices.
• Serve as financial controller of all Group Companies.
• Development, implementation and monitoring of accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
• Prepare (or cause to be prepared) financial budgets and forecast, both Capital and Operating.
• Provision of supervisory controls over routine accounting including review, analysis and reconciliation controls; resolution of accounting issues.
• Oversight of the preparation of filings with ECCB and all regulatory bodies.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with the external auditors to ensure that all financial matters of the Bank are carried out in accordance with accepted practice and that proper controls exist to monitor all transactions.
• Assist in the implementation of policies and day to day administration of the affairs of the bank.
• Preservation of the integrity of financial information.
• Have oversight of group investments in accordance with Group investment policy guidelines.
• Preparation and submission of tax returns and ongoing liaison with Inland Revenue Department.
• Make recommendations to the Board that would improve the organization and internal workings of the Company.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
• Ability to demonstrate communication, problem solving, people management and team working skills.
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Ability to adjust quickly when faced with change and cope effectively with pressure.
• Ability to work with others in harmony towards a common purpose, collaborating with others in a functional and cross-functional environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills which facilitate the making of well- reasoned, timely sound decisions and the provision of advice and direction.
• First degree in Accounting/Finance
• Professional accounting designation i.e. ACA, CPA, ACCA, CGA
• Minimum 10 years post-qualification experience in commercial or public accounting;
• Proficiency in Microsoft office environment and common computer applications such as Excel and Word
• Experience in banking industry would be a distinct advantage
• A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any similar discipline would be an asset.
Applications should be submitted no later than January 22, 2021