St. Maarten General Hospital Vacancies
The Foundation St. Maarten General Hospital (SMGH) manages and carries out the hospital functions serving the health needs of St. Maarten, St. Eustatius, Saba, neighboring islands and their tourists. The facility has 71 inpatient beds. Approximately 400 employees and 30 attending specialists affiliated with the organization are building a solid foundation to ensure continuity in quality hospital care, based on evidenced based care processes and transparency. Main goals are raising the bar in regional healthcare and becoming a leading medical institution in the Eastern Caribbean Region with a continuous focus on the pillars that SMGH stands for: providing safe, quality hospital care to the satisfaction of our society, patients and employees. With a new state-of-the-art general hospital currently under construction, SMGH is aiming to become the regional leader as an accredited medical institution.
- As the Chief Financial Officer you are responsible for the strategic, tactical and operational management of the organization from a financial perspective, in order to ensure the organization’s position as a leading medical institution.
- You manage the finance department and focus on the continuous professionalization and development of the department.
- You ensure that (multi annual) budgeting, financial information, internal and external reporting and projections are set up and in place.
- You see to it that the appropriate procedures are in place to deliver timely and reliable information to provide for sound financial decision-making and to achieve financial targets.
- You are responsible for (investment) analyses, long term financial planning, forecasting models and advise the Board of Directors regarding financial strategy.
- You determine and manage the financial risk, develop treasury policy and ensure that applicable legal frameworks and international accounting standards are incorporated.
- You are a member of the Board of Directors and report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- You have a master’s degree in Finance, Certified Public Accountant or equivalent area.
- You are an experienced financial professional with preferably 10 years of management experience in similar complex organizations.
- You have a proven track record with budgeting, asset management and cost accounting.
- You have extensive knowledge of the Dutch Antillean finance regulations and international accounting standards.
- You have a clear vision on concern control and treasury management and are knowledgeable of the relevant developments in the fields of finance and economics.
- You have excellent leadership- and coaching skills.
- You are a team player and collaborate easily across the organization as well as with external strategic partners.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and are politically and culturally sensitive to your direct environment.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English both verbally and in writing.
The offer SMGH offers challenging roles with attractive remuneration packages in a dynamic and ambitious organization.
An assessment, reference check, background check and medical examination can be part of the selection process.
Please email your cover letter and resume before November 10, 2020.