The Tobago Agribusiness Development Company (TADCO), a Special Purpose Company under the Tobago House of Assembly, is seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer.
The Company TADCO, was created by the Executive Council Minute No 171 May 2020, Note No DFPFF 2020 09 EC 184.
The Tobago Agribusiness Development Company Limited, is expected to lead the development of the agri-business sector in Tobago.
The vision for the sector is that it becomes efficient and competitive, contributes more significantly to Tobago’s food security, foreign exchange earnings, poverty alleviation, employment, rural development, social stability, a more aesthetically pleasing physical environment and is strongly linked to the tourism sector. The establishment of TADCO will serve to provide a commercial/business entity with the capacity and scale that can maximize the efficient and sustainable exploitation of the agribusiness resources of Tobago, in supporting its food security strengthening its linkage to the tourism sector and generating export earnings.
THE ROLE OF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The position represents a challenging opportunity to make a difference in Tobago’s food security, economic diversification, social advancement and overall growth and development The CEO must be a visionary who is results oriented and capable of creating strategies for leading the development and implementation of organizational policies, strategic and operational plans in order to build sustainable agro-industries that will significantly reduce our reliance on imported food whilst also accessing profitable export market niches.
Consistent with the Islands eco-food branding strategy, provide leadership and direction for the company and ensure prudent and efficient delivery of the following commercial and developmental management activities,
• Strategic management -oversee the preparation and implementation of the company’s periodic and business plans and annual operational plans.
• Financial management by overseeing the financial management and accounting system of the company.
• Marketing management by overseeing the conduct of market research, identification, negotiations, establishment, and monitoring of supply contracts with local and international buyers and related pricing, distribution and promotional strategies and tactics.
• Contract farming management by overseeing the establishment, implementation, and monitoring of contract farming arrangements with small farmers and/or their associations, and with joint venture partners based on eco-food systems.
• Food processing management byoverseeing the conversion of the fresh produces into various forms of valued-added products based on eco-food processing strategies.
• Human resources management by overseeing the establishment of organizational policies, structure and culture, goals, objectives, work programme, incentives and performance measures and evaluation.
• Corporate management by providing the Board of Directors with information and advice, promoting and protecting the interest and work of the company among the public, particularly government and development agencies.
• Research and Development Management by overseeing the identification and development of projects aimed at increasing agricultural productivity and development of new value-added products from the commodities selected to drive the Island’s food security and export strategy.
• Joint Venture Management,by leading the process of attracting private sector partners/ taking TADCO public in order for it to achieve the objective of a PPP company, and to facilitate partnering with local agro-processors to increase the range of local value-added products. This will include undertaking feasibility studies, negotiation of terms, type and level of investments, share holding, management control and profit sharing.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Postgraduate Degree in Agriculture/ Agri-business or Business Management
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience at a Senior Executive Level in the field of agriculture or agricultural marketing or food processing sector at the local, regional or international level
• An undergraduate degree in agriculture or agribusiness or food technology and at least 5-years’experience as a senior manager in a food processing company.
A combination of Qualifications and Experience which will reflect the required competencies listed
• Training or work experience in agricultural production, post-harvest management, agricultural research, agricultural extension
• Working knowledge of domestic policies affecting the agri-food sector;
• Familiar with local, regional and international agri-food markets, trade policy and regulations governing trade;
• A proven track record of performance at a Senior Executive Level, including the implementation of strategic initiatives and team building;
• Ability to liaise with relevant Institutions and Ministries;
• Ability to mobilize resources;
Deadline for submission of applications is January 29, 2021. Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.