Develops standards, processes and best practices for solution architecture; leads solution architects in delivering high quality solution architectural designs for businesses. Manages activities through senior managers and managers and implements corporate and divisional strategic plans and budgets.
What is the opportunity
RBC Caribbean Technology is seeking a Chief architect expert. The candidate will be a member of senior leader ship team and will be reporting to the VP/CIO of RBC Caribbean banking. You will be heavily involved in shaping the future technology architecture of Caribbean Banking and collaborating with delivery leads to for key business values/ initiatives for many transformational projects and implementing strategic components servicing across all RBC Caribbean technology.
Director of Architecture is responsible for architecture, design of Caribbean Banking Technology platforms. You will accomplish this by teamwork, having a can-do mindset with a hands-on approach and focus on details. In addition, you will managing a team of solution architects that you provides clarity and direction to. You are not afraid of challenging the team on technical details and be able to think functionally.
What will you do
- Developing technology strategy/roadmap to drive technology modernization based on emerging technologies
- Ability to manage a team of solution architects
- Lead architecture governance including chairing architecture review board to ensure the alignment of the solution architectures to enterprise and Caribbean technology target and standards
- Strong technical decision and leadership to build innovative solutions
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable lead who will work to transform our Banking Technology
- Build the state of the art, highly scalable banking platform as a lead and/or contributor across the team
- Lead application architecture and drive modernization on emerging technology including APIs, Micoservices, Events and cloud computing
- Lead Data architecture including big data, analytics and AI & machine learning platforms
- Lead legacy core banking architecture including AS400 and Mainframe integration
- Lead digital channel architecture including responsive Web, native I/OS and native Android applications
- Leads Cards architecture including vendors cards platforms integration architecture
- Lead Point of Sales architecture
- Lead Security architecture
What do you need to succeed?
- 15+ years of experience with at least 5+ years in banking experience
- Strong computer science knowledge
- To be hands on in one of major programming language such as Java, Python, C++ or C# (preferably Java experience)
- Object oriented and Functional design.
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs, Micro services
- Knowledge of relational databases
Nice to have technology experience
- Knowledge AWS or Azure services
- Kafka or Solace
- Hadoop, Scala and Spark
Nice to Have Business experience
- Core banking, lending, cards and online/mobile banking
- Familiarity with ACH, Swift and Forex
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
Other Required Qualifications:
- Enabler (Think) - Focus on strategic thinking and lead to constant improvement. Provide clear guidance and set standards to others, enabling the best outcome from the team. Monitor and measures the progress and manage risks of not delivering.
- Owner (Do) - Focus on accurate execution and deliver the commitment with no regrets. You are proactive, resourceful and a problem solver when it comes to tackle the particular task.
- Lead (Influence + Do) - End to end ownership - Plan with a strategic mindset and execute with no regrets to arrive to the best outcome given the constraints. Not thing will happen without you, drive change and act as a model.
Application Deadline: 08/22/2022