We are looking for a motivated, experienced and proactive professional to join our team as a Cardiac Sonographer. As Cardiac Sonographer, your primary responsibility is to perform high quality cardiac ultrasound examinations on adult and pediatric patients in inpatient and outpatient environments per physicians’ orders, utilizing complex ultrasound equipment. You confidently identify, evaluate and document the presence or absence of cardiac pathology. You also assist the Cardiologist in the performance of transesophageal echocardiograms in addition to performing other procedures.
What we offer:
We offer you a versatile position with a great deal of responsibility in an open and professional organization. You will work in a pleasant and rewarding atmosphere and be offered opportunities for development.
- A Paramedical diploma on an HBO (Bachelor) level with a post HBO education Echocardiography;
- Experience as a Cardiac Sonographer and knowledge of relevant computerized devices and equipment (ECG, Holter monitoring);
- BLS and ACLS certification is an asset;
- Good written and verbal command of the English language;
- Comprehension of one or more other languages is an asset.
- Independently perform high quality diagnostic echocardiographic examinations following policies and procedures;
- Prepare preliminary sonographer structured reports including all pertinent data in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recognize and alert the attending reading Cardiologist of dangerous or critical findings which require immediate attention;
- Assist the Physician in the performance of transesophageal echocardiograms and other special procedures;
- Maintain required continuing medical education credits for ones professional credential requirements;
- Ensure established Hospital and Departmental standards, policies and procedures are met and maintained in a professional manner.
Deadline to apply is: September 30th 2021