The Campus Management Auditor reports directly to the University Management Auditor and is responsible for the internal audit services provided to a portfolio of University Campuses and for leading the internal audit team based at the Cave Hill campus.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
Applicants should have:
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience;
- A MSc in Risk Management, Business Administration, Accounting/Finance or a related field and relevant professional qualifications (CIA, CRMA, CISA, CRISC, CFE, ACCA etc.);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to use own initiative;
- Strong ability to think strategically with focus on quality & risk management;
- Demonstrated ability to deal with high stress situations;
- The ability to respond to change; and
- A strong focus on Customer Service.
The successful candidates will be required to:
- Participate in collegiate leadership activities supporting the University Management Auditor and regional department’s senior leadership management team.
- Exercise ownership of a portfolio of assigned University Campuses with internal audit responsibility to plan and direct the delivery of high quality assurance services aligned with the agreed annual audit plan.
- Lead the campuses’ annual risk profiling process and input into the campuses’ proposed annual audit programmes to the University Management Auditor.
- Exercise oversight of the effective delivery of accurate and timely management reports to the Campus Audit Committee and to Campus senior management committee including audit recommendations, control issues, audit follow-up, audit assurance and advisory reports and investigations.
- Administer a campus based audit team and engender a culture of effective team working
- Ensure current knowledge of University business / process changes and of the Universities strategic objectives and emerging risk areas, through key relationship management.
- Maintain and update proficiency and knowledge required for the position including an area of audit expertise/ specialist knowledge, knowledge of IIA and other relevant professional standards, new audit techniques and products, new developments in technology & demonstrate continuous professional education.
The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties as soon as possible.
The University of the West Indies thanks all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an assessment centre.
The closing date for receipt of applications is February 28, 2020.