Job Description & Summary
PwC firms operating in the Caribbean will be hosting a regional recruitment campaign for Assurance positions located in Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Barbados, St. Lucia, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago and Turks & Caicos Islands.
A career within Assurance Support services, will provide the opportunity to support our engagement teams and clients by providing advice and counsel on accounting, financial reporting, and strategic business issues. In joining, you’ll help ensure a complete and relevant exchange of information among our consultants and in turn with engagement teams and clients, provide experts advice on a variety of specific topics, support engagement teams in resolving complex issues, and supporting clients and their subsidiaries in evaluating the potential impact of accounting and reporting standard setting initiatives. You’ll develop strong relationships with our engagement teams and established audit clients and enhance our ability to meet greater investor expectations with the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Candidates with a minimum of 2 years experience and must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field of study, and pursuing a Certified Public Accountant certification (CPA, ACCA, CA etc.)
Audit experience within Financial Services, Hospitality, Consumer & industrial products and services, Insurance, Captives, Advisory and Telecommunications industries would be an asset.
Travel Requirements Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
Job Posting End Date June 30, 2020