Position is located in Kingston, Jamaica
Position Summary: Responsible for a LOB Line of Business within operation engagement center including profitability (P/L) and (SGA). Duties may include developing and monitoring service standards and goals; performing sales and service analysis, improving group performance, coordinating staff, budget and resources to provide quality service and/or improve sales performance. Assists in the development and implementation of operational business plans and initiatives. Manages client relationships to grow and support current business. Balances short-term and long-term business operational objectives to maximize performance for the client. Provides guidance and support to all departments regarding their areas of responsibility, resolving complex problems or inquiries. Responsible for monitoring performance on defined client metrics; deploying human and technology resources to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of engagement center activities. Directs other managers to accomplish goals and hires, trains, develops and retains a diverse workforce.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the operation of a LOB within a engagement center to ensure client expectations are met and business objectives are obtained.
- Leads the implementation of strategic plans and initiatives.
Monitors performance metrics for the client and takes steps to ensure projects and initiatives stay on course and goals are achieved.
Directly manages a team of operations managers and directs their activities toward accomplishing client goals and objectives. Hires, trains, develops and retains a diverse workforce. Writes and conducts performance evaluations, makes employment decisions, sets performance goals and objectives for assigned team.
Meets regularly with operations leadership and support department leadership and staff to review center performance for the client.
Leads and participates in internal and external organizations in the development of business practices that enable the delivery of customer service more effectively and efficiently.
- May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required including leading or participating in projects as necessary.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Related Work Experience: 8-10 years related experience including three - 5 years progressive management experience.
Education and/or formal training:
Bachelor’s degree required, Masters Degree highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Able to multi-task, have demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills and time management skills to ensure that work related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and fast paced environment. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and/or outside contacts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and effectively communicate progress and problems to co-workers and management.
- Familiarity a variety of office equipment, standard software packages and application and use of personal computers to include the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Demonstrated effective project management, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to proactively and continually collaborate with clients and colleagues to ensure needed business outcomes.
- Demonstrated analytical aptitude to identify opportunities for change, identify alternative best practice solutions and anticipate future problems and opportunities.
- Demonstrated problem identification and problem resolution skills used to effectively determine and implement alternative solutions and bring issues to a positive resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to apply assessment measurement and evaluation techniques to ensure processes, systems and applications meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex of problem; gleans meaning from whatever date is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation; used multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Effective problem solving skills used to identify and resolve day-to-day operation and employee relations problems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to effectively develop and lead a high performing team in meeting function/department/company short-term goals and objectives. Ability to take charge and get results within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve differences impartially and bring issues to a positive resolution.
- Demonstrated change management aptitude and ability. Takes a proactive role in bring about change, applying new ways to develop the business through improved management of people and processes.
- Ability to think strategically and identify critical success factors when developing strategy and plans for assigned area of responsibility. Ability to translate diverse pieces of information into meaningful conclusions and results.
- Ability to proactively develop and maintain solid business partnerships to ensure success in balancing the department and customer needs with the legal and financial expectations of the organization and ensure needed business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts verbally and in writing and adopts writing style and language to fit the situation/audience.
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understand how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Takes on all issues, challenges and people; comfortably confronts and works through conflict; delivers negative feedback and messages without hesitation deals promptly and fairly with problem performers; lets everyone know where they stand; thrives in crises and is energized by tough challenges; not afraid to make negative decisions and take touch actions; challenges the status quo.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and actualizes short-range plans to implement business strategies.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of call processing, customer service principles, collections, telemarketing sales, customer retention and loyalty, or engagement center management.
Other position Considerations:
- Travel may be required to attend work related meetings and training sessions.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule that provides needed coverage for customer service levels and/or time-sensitive projects. Incumbent must be able to support operations which are opened weekends and evenings. All employees must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, holidays and emergency shifts as required.
- Able to maintain a regular work schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Required to read and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Support and model the company values.