SCOPE OF WORK:
This is a very responsible administrative position directed at coordinating and assisting in the supportive functions of the operations of the Cafeteria of the University of the Commonwealth Caribbean.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Manage food service operations including staff supervision, food production and service, and sanitation.
- Maintains a required system of accountability.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
- Receives, stores, handles, prepares and serves food according to established standards.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates staff according to established procedures.
- Plan productions schedules and work assignments each week.
- Prepare work roster for all staff including management staff each week.
- Prepare lodgment each day. Funds checked and handed to the Accounts Department each day to be lodged to the bank.
- Follow strictly guidelines laid down re cash management for the Cafeteria.
- Monitor Food Handler’s Permit for all staff of the Cafeteria.
- Monitor the maintenance of equipment i.e. Cash Registers, Refrigerators, Freezers, Stoves etc.
- Monitor cookware, bakeware, breakables, cutlery inventory.
- Directs the preparation and serving of meals for special functions and community activities.
- Communicates concerns about policies and procedures relating to all food service to the Director of Logistics and Administration.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
- Should possess at least Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management
- At least three (3) years working experience in a similar or related capacity
- Be knowledgeable in food preparation.
- Should possess a Food Handlers’ Permit.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD:
- Possess strong leadership and consensus building skills.
- Have high standards of ethical conduct.
- Be able to work and communicate with internal and external customers and meets their needs in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Demonstrate responsible behaviour and attention to detail.
- Other relevant duties as needed.
Deadline: Thursday, April 30, 2020