Sagicor Investments Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Business Support: Finanacial Services team in the capacity of Business Support Officer.
The selected candidate will process all banking transactions related to the Sigma Operations and Stockbrokerage Unit such as Funds transfer, RTGS and ACH Payments, Wire Transfers and FX Trades. Ensure company policies and procedures are adhering to and any other duties assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Debit or Credit clients’ accounts to facilitate payment request in T24 /I-T24.
- Prepare Standing Order cheques for clients once interest becomes due.
- Book all repurchase agreement contracts in T24.
- Monitor SIJL banks account to ensure all outstanding items are cleared within three (3) working days.
- Process all incoming wire transfers within three (3) working days once instruction is received from Client Representative Officer/Advisor.
- Ensure all related Asset and Liability settlement accounts are cleared throughout the day, all reflecting a nil balance at the end of the day.
- Create JCSD accounts for Classic Repurchase Agreement clients on Depend System.
Academic Qualifications/ Specialized Skills/ Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree Finance, Management Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Three (3) years’ experience in investment banking, two (2) of which should be in an operational position.
- Knowledge of Banking functions would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under stress and on own initiative.
- Proficiency in using personal computing productivity applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite and, in particular, Microsoft Excel.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly an application via Sagicor Success no later than February 26, 2021. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contracted.