GraceKennedy Limited seeks to identify an individual looking for an excellent opportunity to progress his/her career; and who possesses the vision and energy to help drive dynamic changes across the Group, in the capacity of: Business Auditor
This incumbent will perform independent appraisals of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which GraceKennedy Limited and its Subsidiaries' financial, physical and information resources are managed.
The primary purpose of the role will be to:
- Assess the risks associated with the Company’s strategic objectives, growth plans and related risks.
- Partner with financial and operational management to understand their internal control environments, risks and risk mitigation activities.
- Evaluate existing controls and advise on efficient control improvements.
- Plan and execute various financial reporting, compliance, and operations audits in accordance with accepted professional standards and the Department's methodology in order to determine compliance with institutional policies and procedures and adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Keep abreast with the latest development and changes in the Food Industry so that the required information and expertise are always available to the Company.
- Utilize the COSO and COBIT framework to plan, organize and carry out responsibility of the internal audit function.
- Conduct planning meetings with management to commence audit assignment.
- Conduct reviews as directed by the Chief Audit Executive/Audit Manager ensuring compliance with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations on systems and procedures being reviewed and prepare comprehensive written reports on findings and recommendations.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Required Qualification, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelors' degree in Accounting or similar qualifications at that level
- Two (2) years’ experience in an Audit Firm
- Knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting audits
- Excellent report writing skills
- Critical thinking, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Capable of working on own initiative
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Team orientation
- Flexibility and the ability to change priorities quickly
- A valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications no later than 15/08/2020